Sunday, May 17, 2009

oh hello.

oh hello. is anyone out there?

so i guess i'm gonna get back on this thing again, if not for any reason other than being inspired by Liann's hilarious and insightful musings on life that she details in her blog.

today i bought



to accompany



I dropped mad dollars on the amp...I'm so poor!!! but to be fair, the guitar I got was mine for only $100, and I really needed an amp that lasted for more than a year without breaking or cutting out, so I'm super...amped? about my new one. The guitar was Miguel's, that had been sitting in his basement for 2 years that he wanted to get rid of before he moved (Stick to drums, buddy...) The white pick guard is courtesy of yours truly with a little spray paint. Then I replaced the musty strings with new ones and put the strap on....voila!

In other news...I bought a blender for $10 at the Salvation Army and have since been making delicious fruit smoothies every day on my back deck. It's getting really hot outside and I couldn't be more ecstatic about it.

For the most part, I've been much too lazy to actively discover any new music this year. I'm still hung up on the old stuff I've been listening to since freshman year of college--right now, I've been really into Rufus Wainwright's first album (again). Listen to "Damned Ladies" - so good.

what else? I don't know.

No comments: